 Pirates / 953
Re: Can some one post some good pirate links?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 02:22:10 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Markus Wolf writes:

I've got a pretty extensive set of pirate links at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/pirates.html

If anyone sees anything missing or wrong on that page please let me know.

Frank

Frank,

  Your list of current sets that have good pirate elements is extreemely
helpful.  That's a fantastic way of keeping Lego Pirates alive and growing.  I
got the River Expedition set just for such a reason.
Do you know of any sets that have the pirate steering wheel?  I didn't catch
in on any of your listings and I just can't justify the ebay price of the big
pirate ships.

It's in there - 6441. I almost want to say there may be another one. I need to
update the listing (need to list the good Dino sets for example, 5975 has 2
grey 10 wide bow bricks and a white one, no deck plate though, also King Leo's
Castle could be listed as a source for a reasonable sail).

As far as getting the big ships, watch for Tom Schlosser's auctions here. I
have gotten both a BSB and a SES from him for well under eBay prices, even
considering the shipping and money exchange issues of dealing with someone in
Germany.