 Pirates / 580 (-20)
  Re: Backpacks

(...) Unfortuanately dark grey backpacks are getting pricy on eBay (a lot just closed last night at $1.50 each). I've done a trade for some (and am buying speeder bike sets to boot). As Lance said, a white pack comes in the Snow Speeder set. (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Backpacks

(...) the snowspeeder minifig has a white pack Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A Pirates Life for Me! (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Backpacks

Since people have been bidding more for brown backpacks than I pay for the entire soldier figure, I have been getting the gray backpacks that appear in the Star Wars speeder bike sets. The question I have, though, is where do the white backpacks (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

(...) There's a book by David Drake called Surface Action. It's sci-fi about a mostly water world and the conflicts that arise on it. During the climactic naval battle the "good" guys took one of their monitors and disguised it as a floating wreck. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New little soldier dudes

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Richard Parsons (<FpLDEK.60t@lugnet.com>) wrote at 03:23:08 (...) Oohhh! You wanted a *real* king. Well, I quite like the sound of Edwin Who Didn't Turn Up, so he may well turn up in a castle in Great Brickain somewhere. (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New little soldier dudes

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Mr L F Braun (<389FD5D2.E6A0A53D@....msu.edu>) wrote at 08:37:38 <snip lots historically accurate stuff> (...) My thoughts. (...) But not in a small Australian outpost, I wouldn't think, unless there was an expert in English (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New little soldier dudes

Hi, (...) During the 12th century, an English king would likely be going to France to oversee his kingdom/squabble with the other vassals of France or to engage in a Crusade. The Angevin Empire really flourishes in the 12th-14th centuries, and at (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New little soldier dudes

(...) Thank you gentlemen, helpful as always. Special thanks to Jeff Johnston for dropping in. At this stage I'm thinking Richard II (1367 - 1400) (URL) seems to be in the zone, rather bloody, and have disappeared (hey hey) under mysterious (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Boilers

(...) I (...) weren't (...) like (...) That would sound about right. I can ask the PNLTC members who live in Portland for pictures of one if you guys are really interested (Ben Fleskes should be able to get pics fairly easy). From memory, ya, most (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Boilers

(...) I've often gone directly for screw propulsion. But if I'm not mistaken, weren't most small paddlewheelers (<800 dwt) run by a single boiler, oriented front to back like a train given the orientation of the wheels' axle? I saw a boat like (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New little soldier dudes

(...) Little known fact, there is an entire series of "bermuda triangle" areas around the world. Including one in the South Pacific. Obviously the garrison, being at the service of the King of (...) There would be an incredible amount of chaos if an (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New little soldier dudes

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Richard Parsons (<FpJow5.5Ho@lugnet.com>) wrote at 05:42:38 (...) It's prob. more likely in the C14th, but I believe you may be talking about King Edwin the First, Who Didn't Turn Up. King of England and Normandy, claimant to the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New little soldier dudes

(...) You're in luck. According to my sources, that type of helm was in use for several centuries. Let me check my notes... Yes, here it is. The type of helmet seems to be a 'chapel de fer' - literally, an 'iron hat', with an attached mail coif to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  New little soldier dudes

Gentlemen, Since the new castle has arrived in Oztrailya this week, and I have found myself rather enamoured with the little soldier dudes (the good guys), and the king, I will need some details before I can include them in my little nook of the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Nothing new (was Re: Galaxy Explorer (Was Re: Poor packaging by TLC ))

Tony Priestman wrote in message ... (...) Wasn't it Solomon (Nihil novi sub sola)? And wasn't he a bit not Ancient Greek ;-) Then again, perhaps you shouldn't listen to me at all - let's not forget that I'm the guy who spells river with an f from (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Gee, 6271 is now a "very large ship"!

Alan Gerber wrote in message ... (...) They're not ships... Frank (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 6267 Good

Richard Parsons wrote in message ... (...) I agree completely with Richard, and would add that you also get a small rowboat sail. I was buying many of these sets (not sure how many I have, 5 or 6 probably) because of the parts mixture. Prices of (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Rifer Expedition (was re: Boilers)

Tony Priestman wrote (...) I (...) (URL) think six wide bow bits used to make 'cutters', and then think ten wide. There's also a top/bottom plate with the same profile (a la six wide) and there is also a top plate complete with gunwales. In the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Boilers

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Richard Parsons (<FpJ6oq.5r9@lugnet.com>) wrote at 23:08:58 (...) Is this the Amazon Adventure thingy? I don't think we've got it in the UK. Are these the single brick thick bow sections? (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Boilers

Larry Pieniazek wrote (...) How about because Lindsay, arch pirate and knower of all manner of obscure things piratical, wants it that way. Sounds fine by me. Oh, and because I'm trying and failing dismally to put a teeny tiny boiler into my period (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact