 Pirates / 4631
4630  |  4632
Subject:
Pirates at Brickworld 2010
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:50:24 GMT

Hi everyone,

I will be the Pirates coordinator again this year at Brickworld.

Please check out Brickworld information that I pirated from David Gregory’s castle post:
  • Website: http://www.brickworld.us/

  • Date: Thursday, June 17 - Sunday, June 20

  • Location: Westin Hotel in Wheeling, Illinois (same as previous years)

  • Registration cost: $50

  • MOC table size: Each table is 30”X72”

  • Hotel room costs: $119 per night (That’s half of their going rate. Please be aware that you have to sign up through Brickworld by May 26 to get the special discounted rate.) They tell me that the rooms are going faster this year than they ever have, so don’t delay if you plan on staying at the Westin.http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=0912296886&key=B23C0

  • The first 750 registrants that are paid in full by May 20, 2010 will receive an engraved name badge and goody bag.
The Pirate layout will again include blue cloth for water. Please feel free to bring your blue baseplates for the layout. Any type of pirate mocs including ships, islands, forts, sea creatures, boats, etc are welcome.

Do not forget to register your mocs on the Brickworld website. Click the Pirate Collaboration checkbox when registering. Thanks!

This year’s event theme involves Space. Ideas include classic space sets and themes recreated in Pirate style. The Castle fans may be more supportive of capturing unfortunate spaceships and imprisoning their crews ;) Please bring your Pirate/Space mash-up mocs for the collaborative display.

Questions, concerns, comments, or suggestions about the display can be posted in this thread or sent to me via pm or email. Thank you.

Ben Ellermann Brickworld Pirates Coordinator