 Pirates / 4420 (-5)
  The cutter Tréfroid

(URL) The Trésfroid is a cutter operating in the waters around Port Brique, a much more modern design than many of my other vessels. Built on a one centre section narrow hull (from the Sealion), the Trésfroid’s hull is widened using inverted slopes (...) (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !!

  Pirates! Yarrr here, there be dead men...

Well after a long hiatus of not building anything for a while, sudden inspiration has lead to a few pieces with some nice results. First to come WIP is this Pirate skull from the movie poster for "Pirates 2: Dead Man's Chest" (URL) Will probably (...) (18 years ago, 27-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.sealug, FTX) !!

  Re: The Bomb Ketch Bloviator

(...) It's not historical. Too say that naval vessels didn't sometimes use (or have) aft davits might be going a bit to far, but it was be very, very unusual at least. Slinging boats on davits was popular for whalers, as they could be launched (...) (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Bomb Ketch Bloviator

Really nice. I escpecially love the stern. One question though, while the boat looks cool and adds a a bit of desperately needed length is it historical? Of course I may just be reading too much of the Aubrey/Maturin series as historical fact but I (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Expanding the range of pirate headwear

(...) Remember when gangs would mug people for their Reeboks? Well, that's nothing compared to what pirate minifigs will do for new hats: (URL) (...) No, it's the one used for the second Misérable and everything since. I think I might be getting (...) (18 years ago, 22-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact