 Pirates / 4420 (-10)
  The cutter Tréfroid

(URL) The Trésfroid is a cutter operating in the waters around Port Brique, a much more modern design than many of my other vessels. Built on a one centre section narrow hull (from the Sealion), the Trésfroid’s hull is widened using inverted slopes (...) (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !!

  Pirates! Yarrr here, there be dead men...

Well after a long hiatus of not building anything for a while, sudden inspiration has lead to a few pieces with some nice results. First to come WIP is this Pirate skull from the movie poster for "Pirates 2: Dead Man's Chest" (URL) Will probably (...) (18 years ago, 27-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.sealug, FTX) !!

  Re: The Bomb Ketch Bloviator

(...) It's not historical. Too say that naval vessels didn't sometimes use (or have) aft davits might be going a bit to far, but it was be very, very unusual at least. Slinging boats on davits was popular for whalers, as they could be launched (...) (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Bomb Ketch Bloviator

Really nice. I escpecially love the stern. One question though, while the boat looks cool and adds a a bit of desperately needed length is it historical? Of course I may just be reading too much of the Aubrey/Maturin series as historical fact but I (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Expanding the range of pirate headwear

(...) Remember when gangs would mug people for their Reeboks? Well, that's nothing compared to what pirate minifigs will do for new hats: (URL) (...) No, it's the one used for the second Misérable and everything since. I think I might be getting (...) (18 years ago, 22-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Expanding the range of pirate headwear

(...) Can we have photos of this latest atrocity ? Is that a new camera ? -pete.w (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  The Bomb Ketch Bloviator

The Bloviator is the new Bomb Ketch of the French Squadron based in Port Brique in the South Pacifique. Bomb ketches are not generally described as ‘graceful’ or ‘elegant’, but this black hulled mortar vessel is a particularly ugly example. Her (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Expanding the range of pirate headwear

(...) It's a standard size hole - the 'chimney' is a stud (so a parrot can ride along). Cheers Richie Dulin (URL) (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Expanding the range of pirate headwear

(...) Even worse, their heads are open at the top, with part of the hat inserted into it. And their heads are connected to their hips too - I removed their heads by breaking their legs off! Maxifigure anatomy is quite different from that of the (...) (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Expanding the range of pirate headwear

Neat! Does anything fit in the little holes? Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact