 Pirates / 4417
  Re: The Bomb Ketch Bloviator

Really nice. I escpecially love the stern. One question though, while the boat looks cool and adds a a bit of desperately needed length is it historical? Of course I may just be reading too much of the Aubrey/Maturin series as historical fact but I (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Bomb Ketch Bloviator

(...) It's not historical. Too say that naval vessels didn't sometimes use (or have) aft davits might be going a bit to far, but it was be very, very unusual at least. Slinging boats on davits was popular for whalers, as they could be launched (...) (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)