 Pirates / 4380 (-20)
  AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

Hi all, (URL) bandanna by Sabrina Gravatt NCLUG just opened its display at the Raleigh Grande Theater for "Pirates of the Caribbean" - and it was a blast to do! Here's some pics: (URL) Treasure Cove by John Riley (URL) Black Sea Barracuda by Mike (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: The Corinthian

Very nice! A little tall for my tastes but all round well done. I haven't seen many ships in blue and white for the original blue (french) soldiers. God Bless, Nathan (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The Corinthian

(...) Thanks. I had wanted to make a ship on par with others around (like yours for example) that I have seen for a long time, but I haven't had the time. I'm also happy to see that two masts looks good, I had been thinking of adding a third but (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The Corinthian

(...) Nice work, Sean! It's great to see a solid vessel like this in .pirates! (And probably time to get the old spyglass out of retirement). Two decks is very cool indeed. And two masts, for a vessel this length is just right. Did you consider (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, FTX)

  The Corinthian

Ahoy mates. It has been a long time since I've managed to put together an MOC, I guess it was a lack-of-time induced dark age, but I have finally put a little something together. (URL) The first production from the yards of Port Olympic, The (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.military, FTX) !

  new pirate and parrots

Legoland California is now selling two pirate themed items to commemorate the opening of their new pirate themed area. A large detailed pirate about a foot tall with a parrot on the sholder that is sold as a glued model, and a small circa 50 piece (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jun-06, to lugnet.pirates)

  SNVT Build-a-Train (Fantasy Catagory)

I just wanted to make sure all you non-train heads out there were aware that one of the catagories for the SNVT Build-a-Train contest is "Fantasy". We wanted to allow everyone participate and this is were everyone can participate. Some ideas... (...) (18 years ago, 24-May-06, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.belville)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Here is a link to Viking ships I made over a couple of years ago from just bricks. Each Longboat holds about 40 minifigs. I do own one of the new Longships and I have modified it by taking out the catapult and reworking the back tower. (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Ben's LEGO Page

Ben's LEGO Page - A sampling of LEGO related creations from the imagination of Ben Fleskes I've been posting in the LEGO on-line community for years. I've had a variety of websites going back to 1997. Unfortunately, over the years the pages (...) (18 years ago, 29-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.pirates, FTX) !

  Re: Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

I like this a lot! Especially the colour scheme. It works very well but I would never have thought to chose it. Well done! The shields are also a great way to disguise those annoying gaps. Great work all round! God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf (...) (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

(...) Very nice! I'm glad to see this other type of ship represented. -Suz (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

Ahoy etc Although the longship is the iconic viking vessel, the knarr (or knorr) was generally the vessel of choice for trading. (URL) My knarr (or knorr) is shorter than my longship (only two hull centre sections). The rail is a perhaps fanciful, (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Viking Longship

Excellent work Mr. Richie, now all you need is a port to sack and women to haul away. -Keith (It's all about the plunder) (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) According to Tim Severin, in Odinn's Son (a work of fiction, but TS is a noted maritime historian), wealthier vikings had a specially tailored canopy. But for the most part, yes, it would have been the sail. Cheers Richie Dulin (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) (URL) This link>, given by Joel Jacobsen, says: At night, the sail was lowered and removed from the ship. In bad weather, it often served as a tent. The Vikings, inventors of the sleeping bag, would sleep under the sail for protection. So the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Interesting. (thanks for the "stupid" question, Mark. I was wondering too.) I've felt funny planning a prominant "front end" to my boat because I read that they made them to travel in either direction (hence the mast being positioned dead (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  those crazy Vikings (Was: Viking Longship)

(...) I read that the Vikings didn't use saws to make their boats. That's pretty amazing. (...) Ha! Well, you know I'd love to, but I'd take flak from the masses for being even more of a compartmentalized dork, right? ;-) In my own defense, here's (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

In lugnet.pirates, Suzanne Rich wrote: <SNIP> (...) Agreed! I have to chuckle, too, as I've got a half completed rework of my own long ship sitting on my work bench. I hope to complete this week to also share. SNIP (...) The set's scale is close, (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) SNIP (...) Well done, Richie! It looks great with all those oars. My own longship project is limited to 4 oars per side because..it's all I have. :) (...) They look great; I'd love to pick up a couple more copies of this set to fill out my (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) All the references that I've seen have awnings like that used whilst at anchor... there are probably exceptions, though. The awning would be in the way for any sailhandling, and I wonder if the arm wasn't used to support the ridge of the (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact