 Pirates / 4375 (-10)
  new pirate and parrots

Legoland California is now selling two pirate themed items to commemorate the opening of their new pirate themed area. A large detailed pirate about a foot tall with a parrot on the sholder that is sold as a glued model, and a small circa 50 piece (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jun-06, to lugnet.pirates)

  SNVT Build-a-Train (Fantasy Catagory)

I just wanted to make sure all you non-train heads out there were aware that one of the catagories for the SNVT Build-a-Train contest is "Fantasy". We wanted to allow everyone participate and this is were everyone can participate. Some ideas... (...) (18 years ago, 24-May-06, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.belville)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) Here is a link to Viking ships I made over a couple of years ago from just bricks. Each Longboat holds about 40 minifigs. I do own one of the new Longships and I have modified it by taking out the catapult and reworking the back tower. (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Ben's LEGO Page

Ben's LEGO Page - A sampling of LEGO related creations from the imagination of Ben Fleskes I've been posting in the LEGO on-line community for years. I've had a variety of websites going back to 1997. Unfortunately, over the years the pages (...) (18 years ago, 29-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.pirates, FTX) !

  Re: Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

I like this a lot! Especially the colour scheme. It works very well but I would never have thought to chose it. Well done! The shields are also a great way to disguise those annoying gaps. Great work all round! God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf (...) (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

(...) Very nice! I'm glad to see this other type of ship represented. -Suz (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Viking Knarr (or Knorr)

Ahoy etc Although the longship is the iconic viking vessel, the knarr (or knorr) was generally the vessel of choice for trading. (URL) My knarr (or knorr) is shorter than my longship (only two hull centre sections). The rail is a perhaps fanciful, (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Viking Longship

Excellent work Mr. Richie, now all you need is a port to sack and women to haul away. -Keith (It's all about the plunder) (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) According to Tim Severin, in Odinn's Son (a work of fiction, but TS is a noted maritime historian), wealthier vikings had a specially tailored canopy. But for the most part, yes, it would have been the sail. Cheers Richie Dulin (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Viking Longship

(...) (URL) This link>, given by Joel Jacobsen, says: At night, the sail was lowered and removed from the ship. In bad weather, it often served as a tent. The Vikings, inventors of the sleeping bag, would sleep under the sail for protection. So the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact