 Pirates / 4324
4323  |  4325
Subject:
How LEGO Factory could revive Pirates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:01:27 GMT

I’m excited about the upcoming LEGO Factory. Here’s notes from Jake about it: http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/brickfest2005/

With this, and just a little bit of support from LEGO (such as the reintroduction of pirate minifigs and sails, and a couple other specialized parts), we could revive the LEGO pirates theme. Design your own ship, island, pier, fortress, etc., and upload it -- and if it doesn’t suck, people will buy it. Evil Stevie’s Pirate Game will be played again, without having to pay through the nose for ship sets on eBay.

Hmm, though as I think about it, the number of specialized pieces in the Pirates line is rather larger than those in other themes. Maybe we should start lobbying for a LEGO Pirate Designer, similar to the LEGO Train Designer they’re rolling out next year. This would have a palette of parts useful for making the things we need (boat hulls, masts, sails, etc.). We could do the rest.

Well, enough rambling from me.. what do y’all think?

Best,
Joe