 Pirates / 4125 (-10)
  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) Stephen, Thanks for your compliments, I really struggled as to whether to include the crows nest, I was nervous it would be a little too much. I'm really glad you enjoyed that bit! Jon (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) Wouldn't it be awesome for TLC to make more of those catalogs and Idea books. As a child I would stare at those and dream about what I would do if I had that many bricks. Thanks again for the complements Gil. Jon (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) Thanks for your kind words Jojo. The praise of the praiseworthy is the most satisfying sort! I did fret a bit over the black trees but figured that if they were good enough for the forestmen, then they would work for the pirates. I can't (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

"How many monkey butlers?" (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) This is fantastic!!! I love the color scheme - the brown and tan just go so well together and the black works nicely for the trees (making the brown/tan stand out even more). What is the color of the 1 x 1 cylinder bricks by the windows - is (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) Good work, Jon. I was a big fan of SFR as a kid and now you've got me wanting to go watch it again. Also, I've wanted to make a village in the trees but always wimped out, worrying about having enough parts to make the massive trees. But your (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) Now that is neat! Reminds me of the glory days of Pirates, when we'd get nifty little playsets like this: [LEGOSet 6270] This was always one of my favorite pirate sets. Very cool, and very playable too. Adrian (URL) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

I haven't posted in awhile, but this MOC made me sit up and grin (even at 5am) :) Favorite parts: - iron winches - deck-style fencing - tree leaves (palm-style) - crow's nest (awesome!) Keep up the great work - better to post gold periodically than (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) Oh hey...that's a lot of fun! Great meshing of the galleon bits into the structure. How you've also interspersed the levels to give it a nice flow from section to section. I love the placement of the figs 'in action' as well...really captures (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

Hello! This is so cool! Looking at your MOC I instantly got the feeling I was in a Monkey-Islandish cartoon scene. Very atmospheric, very detailed and of course very skillfully built. Well, I wouldn't have expected the opposite. :-) I didn't even (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact