 Pirates / 4046
4045  |  4047
Subject:
Lighthouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 03:14:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I thought Lugnet.Pirates needed some life breathed into it, so I sat in my room
surrounded by bricks and started building.
I made my third and final (at least for quite a while, because I'm quite proud
of it) lighthouse.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Pirates/Lighthouse2/01all.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Pirates/Lighthouse2/03front.jpg

I fixed mistakes I made with the first two (A few that were pointed out before
when I posted my second one.).
I made the stripes larger, and made it better colors.
I still used my idea for the roof (A lid from a canister of LEGO pieces that I
bought about ten of. It came in blue or red.) but changed the color from red to
blue.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Pirates/Lighthouse2/04light.jpg

My sigfig (Davy Kidd) and some Indian guy are on the top, as you can see.

There is an actual house thing at the bottom. I was looking for a good excuse to
use those burnt orange type color pieces, which I have plenty of. I think they
look good. I put the same color railings in front of the house to go with it,
and I thought it needed some green plants and a stone walkway to finish it off.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Pirates/Lighthouse2/02house.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Pirates/Lighthouse2/06houseback.jpg

The roof comes offIt's not very big, but I will make an interior so some little
LEGO person (or persons) in my pirate town can live there.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Pirates/Lighthouse2/05houseint.jpg

I know this is probably horrible to do and speak of, but I used glow in the dark
Megabloks pieces in the lighthouse to make it "light up".
I really like those pieces, and I think it looks good.
Here, take a look for yourself...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Pirates/Lighthouse2/07glow.jpg

Taking pictures of glow in the dark pieces is hard if you want to show them
glowing I found out. But maybe it's just because my camera is crappy.

Here's the whole brickshelf folder:

Well, enjoy, and despite how proud I am of it, I always like constructive
criticism, but it has to be constructive. It can't be like "That sucks and
you're horrible at taking pictures. Give away your LEGO stuff before you
disgrace us all." That would be mean. I'm being silly.
Let me know what you think, as long as is constructive.

Sincerely,
Daniel (Breathing life into lugnet.pirates since 2004)