 Pirates / 3988
Re: A couple of sloops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:43:16 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   (That’s sloops as in ‘sloop rigged’, not as in ‘sloop-of-war’).

Anyway, the result was a large, open boat. It’s rig is Kestrel influenced

Yay!

   (though it uses lego string, and is quite fragile). I quite like it as a first try at this sort of hull.

I’ve never thought of using those pieces that way, Richie. Most of my small ships use pirate hulls (with the inverse-slope exception, of course)

A bit smaller, and without the clinker effect on the sides, this boat uses 1x2x2 and 1x2x3 panels studs forward to taper the hull from 6 wide to 4 wide. I think it’s a nice change from the standard 6-wide hull parts.

Very nice small ships! I particularly like the way you built their tillers and rudders. I’ll have to try that....

Aaron