 Pirates / 3885 (-20)
  Re: What is this hull?

(...) I sure hope it's six wide... I have been after one for ages! They are very hard to get in anything other than pink. (Which migh suit some, of course, but not me :P) New mast piece things too, it seems, which is weird. Aren't the old mast (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) I don't know what the scala ones look like, but I'm pretty sure this black one is 6 studs wide (meaning 6 in the bottom of the boat, just like how the regular LEGO Pirate ones are 4 wide) The boat in that set with the island is 4 wide though I (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) I don't know. I'm tempted to get them from Germany, though. The "big" pirate boat looks super-deformed (like "chibi" characters in manga), but the pirate island and the little boat look cool. Do you think that's a normal boat in black? Or one (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) Cool. When does the new junior pirate stuff come out in the USA? Anyone? ~Clanagdor (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) I'm positive that it's MB from the viking ship. (snip) (...) Funny you talk about it Larry, I watched this movie in the plane back from BF PDX! :-) Pierre (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) I don't think it's actually Lego. I even looked at some of the newer sets, but didn't see anything like it. Check this out: (URL) isn't it? I think the sail is cute. (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) MB Vikings and/or dragon ships? (dunno the correct terms) I am with you, I don't think it's LEGO either. ++Lar (who watched Master and Commander last nite... great movie for some sailing ship ideas and boarding action ideas!) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  What is this hull?

What does this hull come from. This is the second time I've seen it on eBay. I don't think it's LEGO, but I could be wrong. (URL) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: shipbuilding techniques (was Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit)

(...) hi michael, i am extremely flattered that you hold my creation in such high regard! you do me much honor. thank you. i was very happy with scimitar, but believe it or not, i view all of my ships with an eye to improvement. as a result, each (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) hi, if i may add, i definitely would suggest buying through ebay rather than bricklink. i was able to find many 6285's and 6274's for reasonable prices. the trick is to just be patient. over the months i made purchases, i bought 5 BSB's and 4 (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) hi michael, i agree with your idea for a techniques thread. i would like to see how Mr Dulin does certain things, and am always on the lookout for new ideas! if you start one, i will definitely contribute! best regards, steve (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) hello! these ships are coming along nicely! its funny, the Advantage actually reminds me of the first real pirat ship i built! the stern section is almost exactly the same! it's great to see some larger pirate ships being built. i am not (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  shipbuilding techniques (was Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit)

(...) Yes I did. I may live to regret it ;) (...) I have made my own mast platform without using the Lego piece, by putting those 1x4 plates with the bar in the yard-holes (they are exactly 5 studs apart if you use one on each side at the top of the (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) Too late, I've already got more hull pieces than I currently need. =) (...) Right now I'm just working on class 4 and small ships. Once I get enough built, I will slowly work on larger ships. I had a RBR at one point, but my son razed it. (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: HMS Victoria

(...) Very nice ship. I look forward to seeing some more detailed pictures. I like the angles windows in the stern. How did you make you cannons? They look like standard round 1x1 pieces to me. Just curious as they look really good. ~Clangador (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: HMS Victoria

(...) I agree, on both points. The color scheme uses more brown than I would have used (Black with the white stripe is my favorite, of course) but I wouldn't have thought to use grey. Overall, the effect is nice. It's a monument to the old colors! (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) Well, YOU suggested it :P I'd love to discuss shipbuilding techniques. I'm always looking to improve. I just recently discovered the crow's nest by looking at a photo of one from below. (That's why I included such a photo in the post at the (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) You can, they're just more expensive. I bought some of mine over Bricklink and Ebay as 6285 and 6286 sets. Others, I built from scratch. A word of warning: Don't overbuy on the hull pieces if you're making ships from scratch, becuase you'll (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

Wow, so much more posting in .pirates than usual... can't comment on all the models but nice ships all round! Thinks we should start a 'ship-building techniques' thread, to get more ideas so I can get a ship back on the sidebar ;) Michael (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: HMS Victoria

(...) Nice Work :) Though the deck looks a little 'square' to me, but then I am the sort that tries to make ships as curvy as possible, to the sacrifice of everything else. Still looks great! And deck guns. Could carry many deck guns ;) Michael (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact