 Pirates / 3870 (-5)
  Re: HMS Victoria

(...) I agree, on both points. The color scheme uses more brown than I would have used (Black with the white stripe is my favorite, of course) but I wouldn't have thought to use grey. Overall, the effect is nice. It's a monument to the old colors! (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) Well, YOU suggested it :P I'd love to discuss shipbuilding techniques. I'm always looking to improve. I just recently discovered the crow's nest by looking at a photo of one from below. (That's why I included such a photo in the post at the (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) You can, they're just more expensive. I bought some of mine over Bricklink and Ebay as 6285 and 6286 sets. Others, I built from scratch. A word of warning: Don't overbuy on the hull pieces if you're making ships from scratch, becuase you'll (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

Wow, so much more posting in .pirates than usual... can't comment on all the models but nice ships all round! Thinks we should start a 'ship-building techniques' thread, to get more ideas so I can get a ship back on the sidebar ;) Michael (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: HMS Victoria

(...) Nice Work :) Though the deck looks a little 'square' to me, but then I am the sort that tries to make ships as curvy as possible, to the sacrifice of everything else. Still looks great! And deck guns. Could carry many deck guns ;) Michael (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact