 Pirates / 3840
Re: Introducing Myself, and My Ships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:28:09 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Wesley Davis wrote:

   Hello! I’m Wes Davis, a fellow AFOL. In 2002, I started buying pirate legos, starting with two 6285 sets and one 6286. I’d promised myself I’d buy these ships (which I’d always wanted growing up) and now that I had the means, I went for it. More ships and LEGO followed... Then I was called up in early 2003 by the Army (I’m a reservist), and spent over a year on active duty, away from my collection. Now, I’m back with a vengeance! ARRR!!

Ahoy! Good to see you posting here! You only started in 2002? I thought I was a late starter...

   To start off with, I’m going to put up some pictures of a cutter I made about a week ago with ESPG in mind. I don’t have a Brickshelf account yet, so they’re on my server. (Side note: My class seven ships have 42-man crews and seven cannon each). This cutter’s name is “ISS Katie le Petite,” and is the Fleet Admiral’s yacht.

http://www.stararmy.com/lego/moc/katie_le_petite/katie_001.jpg

Feel free to spyglass it ^^

Without question! I really like this one... I’m not a ESPGer myself, but that’s a fantastic little vessel, the lateen rig is a nice match for the long, narrow hull. I like the for’ard mounted (rather than amidships) cannon. I’m keen to have a gunboat like this added to Port Brique’s harbour defense.

   Here’s another cutter in the service of the Imperial Solider, the ISS Nightstalker:

http://www.stararmy.com/lego/moc/nightstalker/nightstalker_001.jpg

Another nice boat!

   And here’s some photos of my flagship (sans sails), the ISS Advantage:

http://www.stararmy.com/lego/moc/advantage/ISS_Advantage_aft.jpg

This must be the golden age of .pirates!

Misc Photos:

http://www.stararmy.com/lego/moc/ISS_Adventure_002.gif A full view.

Another nice one...

   http://www.stararmy.com/lego/001/the_town.jpg My modest pirate town.

Modest maybe... but that’s a great, bustling settlement.

Adieu

Richie Dulin