 Pirates / 3804
  RE: How many studs in an inch? How many posts in a thread?

Hello, I have seen the Steve Jackson pirate game played at several Game Cons in California over the last several years. No Lego's involved. Ships have been well built models involving hundreds of building hours and great paint jobs. An inch is a (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How many studs in an inch? How many posts in a thread?

(...) Was Steve Jackson personally running them? I got the impression from his webpage that he has a massive collection of LEGO Pirate stuff to draw from, and I'd find it odd if he had gone to the trouble of collecting two different styles in large (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  RE: How many studs in an inch? How many posts in a thread?

Hello, No, Steve Jackson was NOT running the Pirate game. They were using his rules and their own ships and scenery. The ships cost $100's of dollars to purchase and have to assembled and painted. The scenery was very detailed also. I am sure they (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How many studs in an inch? How many posts in a thread?

(...) Heh. A couple of the large LEGO Pirate ships cost about as much these days. (...) I've seen varying degrees of quality in minatures gaming scenery, but most of what I saw being used at GenCon definitely leaned towards the better end of the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  RE: How many studs in an inch? How many posts in a thread?

Hello, The ships are NOT miniature. The ships are from Mamoli or Artesania Latina. The big wood ship models from overseas. They cost hundreds of dollars to buy and when completed would sell for much more. The ships are very beautiful and very (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)