 Pirates / 3630
Re: New Castle/Pirate Sets???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 01:20:31 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Ronan Webb wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Stephen Bishop wrote:
Hey all,

I've been hearing (or maybe that is more accurately reading) rumors of new
Castle and Pirate sets on fbtb.net and CCC, but haven't heard any discussion
here.

Here's what I have heard:

-An indeterminate number or smaller Castle sets

-A large pirate ship

-Coming out in January

Just thought this would be a good way to discuss these developments, and maybe
get more information (or rumors)

Steve

Are they to be reissues or new designs ?
Will kahuka have grabbed a big ship for himself?
Are there any regular soldiers or more jake the pegs and monkeys?

Not sure if the prices (euros) are the likely RRP
June is apparently the month for these

7070      7.90   Piratenfloss
7071     14.90   Schatzinsel
7072     22.90   Blaues Piratenboot
7074     59.90   Pirateninsel
7075    129.00   Grosses Piratenschiff

Ronan

Nice that lego is going back to one of the great legoland themes, especially
since the quality of design is now on the upswing in many areas.  Although I
admire sets like land busters etc., minifig based sets are what made me a lego
fan.  Unfortunately recent series like orient expedition and world city police
/coast guard are too juniorized or poorly designed for my taste.  Also I prefer
original models to those based on SW, Harry Potter, etc, though I understand
that such associations may help TLC's sales with kids.  Anyway, for someone who
doesn't know German, here is translation of the above list with prices in US
dollars:

7070     9.09     Pirate Raft
7071     17.14    Treasure Island
7072     26.34    Black Eye's (?) Pirate Boat
7074     68.89    Pirate Island
7075     148.44   Big Pirate Ship

Just judging from the names (and assuming they are correct) it seems there won't
be any soldier sets.  Perhaps they will join the line some future year.  I guess
the two islands may have a few islanders.  With the recent rerelease of
Enchanted Island, that seems plausible.  Also, if someone who has pics would
please post them, it would be much appreciated.  Personally I don't understand
TLC's refusal to discuss or unveil upcoming products.  At least in the case of
AFOLs it would help us budget towards the purchase of products we like.