 Pirates / 3160 (-10)
  Re: Provincial Village

Excellent constructions all around, Jon! Impressive and inspiring in the details. That sausage machine had me laughing out loud. -The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

(...) into a small set that could almost be sold by TLC. I looked at most of the pictures, and wished I had the time to go through every picture and tell you what I liked. I can remember a lot of cool things, like the fire in the baker's oven, the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Jason, THanks for the awesome encouragement, unfortuantely I don't think our social lives are in any type of danger! But here's to spending some quality time in a cave (our own separate ones of course!) Jon (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Bruce, thanks again for the compliments, It’s hard waiting for those pictures to clear the brickshelf censor isn’t it! Those swords are definately wedged in there, I'm gonna have to pull them out to avoid cutlass bendage as well. I agree (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Richard, I don’t know if it’s been done, but I’d love to see someone do some terrain for this idea( I’m no good at terrain). It would be awesome to see these fully compatible sets. Especially for a battle sequence! Jon (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Richie, Thanks for your comments, I appreciate your post a lot. The sausage machine was my favorite part of this entire process! (The guy operating it looks like Ronald Mcdonald too!) Jon (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

JoJo, I’m afraid you are right, those pirate soldier uniforms are out of place in the time period, I was trying to find some way of making a musketeer’s dress uniform (which is harder than I thought!) Thanks for keeping it honest! Jon Furman (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Shirley thanks for your unbridled enthusiasm! Unfortunately I didn’t keep a record of the building process, (even if I did, I don’t think I would charge the average builder) but there should be enough photos of each to get you started in the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Ben, Thanks for your compliments, I think the roof Idea is great as well, the only reason that I didn't go that direction originally is because a lot of the structural integrity of the buildings is focused on the roof. The roof bricks are literally (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Jon, I love your sets. The small details are great and you have captured this time period well. It would be really cool to see a street full of musketeers dueling with the cardinals men. On the opening roof of the butcher's shop you could use two (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact