 Pirates / 2880 (-20)
  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) Oh I have- 2 on the Forcastle. But their pitifully simple! :) (...) Using Dave Eaton's conversion tool, assuming that a the average person is 5.9 feet, a cannon is 7.87 minifig feet, rounded to 8. ((URL) is the conversion tool) How does this (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) Brilliant! I've got plenty of those... I'll probably fix them onto the guns that are hidden under the forecastle and the quarterdeck -- the difference will barely be noticable... Thanks! Kenneth Tam (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) Yes, I found my supply of small wheels (which I'd previously thought of as being large and annoying) suddenly dried up when I started carriage mounting a lot of my guns. My small cannon designs us 1x1 round plates as wheels, mounted directly (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) Woohoo! A franchise! : ) (...) Good old Carronades! You could probably squeeze a *couple* in! : ) (...) Well, I actually puzzled over this for hours. In stud-feet, Lego cannon are about 6 or 7 feet long, making them only as long as short 12s. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: NWBrickCon

(...) Is there any interest in the Pirate Game for this event? Flush off the success of the game at BrickFest, I'd love to organize a game for NWBrickCon (and I know there's at least a couple Pirate fans around). Frank (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) I like that cannon... I'll try building one! (...) I've alway's liked carronades, and I really like how realistic that carronade is, but its a bit big for my ship! :( (it'll be done soon, I promise!) (...) What makes you think that Lego (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) Good good! (...) Looking at you pics, the length of the chrome guns in studs seems about 6 -- so they're either short 9-pounders or long 6-pounders. British Frigates tended to go for either, depending on the Captain. (...) Precisely right (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) Uhohh... I feel sorry for any pirate that comes across this cannon! -JHK (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) And one of the shuttles has black barrels. Optionally, there are light blue ones in Ice Ramp Racers... Frank (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

Good *Lord*! That, sir, is a MASSIVE gun! Keeping your Imperial friends happy has just moved to the top of my list! Nicely built -- the chrome really adds to the menace! Well, in terms of rating it in the Naval system, I think it's a 'Oh God We're (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) Wow! Amazing... what part forms the mouth of the cannon? it looks like a scala or belville bucket or something similar , but it's not a piece I'm familiar with... (...) Just as long as those soldiers are wearing blue coats, not red! Cheers (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) It looks very effective. Most of my small designs use a 1x1x1 brick with five studs (though some cheat and use a technic 1x1x1 with hole instead), which are in pretty short supply in my collection... so using the 2x2x2/3 camera/laser brick (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

Hi All, With the wonderful weapon MOCs posted by Richie and Ken, I felt I should post my latest creation! I don't know what size this cannon should be, maybe Ken can help me there. Take a look at "Booming Betty", the latest weapon of the Imperial (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Pirate Game at BrickFest 2002

(...) ...Maybe have it follow a random course each turn until a pirate got within a fixed "sight range" at which point it would always move to follow the closest pirate (so you could lure it closer to someone else and make it follow them >-) ...I (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

  Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

G'day all... A while back, while I was building my little sloop 'Flame', I found myself lacking in guns. With only 12 cannon in my arsenal, I set about designing my own. The 9-pounders of old, (URL) fairly successful, so even after 'Flame' had a bad (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Pirate Game at BrickFest 2002

(...) That is how we've used Imperial ships in the past, they would come out when rampant acts of piracy were starting to occur. (...) An interesting idea, though generally the capture of a merchant ship is plenty of incentive. Often though the crew (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Pirate Game at BrickFest 2002

(...) Frank, While I was not able to participate at the fest I have an idea or two: - Maybe an Imperial Ship would act as a police type presence. Entering at a random or GM determined point. Sort of on patrol and seeking to eliminate any ship it (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Pirate Game at BrickFest 2002

(...) Yes, thanks to the Animation folks for not needing their room. I think we also gained one or two players who got suckered into the game instead of playing with animation stuff... But you were a help on Friday. You came up with a couple (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Pirate Game at BrickFest 2002

(...) Definitely would have helped. Over the next months, I plan on organizing all my minifigs, so I may make up bags of pirate crews which would speed up that part. More islands certainly would have helped. (...) I've never quite figured out the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Pirate Game at BrickFest 2002

(...) I'm sorry to have rebuffed you. I have been trying to figure out just how to use non-pirates in the game. There needs to be some additional background work done. I am also afraid that such additional background detail may be an additional load (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact