 Pirates / 2868
  Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

Hi All, With the wonderful weapon MOCs posted by Richie and Ken, I felt I should post my latest creation! I don't know what size this cannon should be, maybe Ken can help me there. Take a look at "Booming Betty", the latest weapon of the Imperial (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) Wow! Amazing... what part forms the mouth of the cannon? it looks like a scala or belville bucket or something similar , but it's not a piece I'm familiar with... (...) Just as long as those soldiers are wearing blue coats, not red! Cheers (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

Good *Lord*! That, sir, is a MASSIVE gun! Keeping your Imperial friends happy has just moved to the top of my list! Nicely built -- the chrome really adds to the menace! Well, in terms of rating it in the Naval system, I think it's a 'Oh God We're (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) Uhohh... I feel sorry for any pirate that comes across this cannon! -JHK (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) Hi Richie, The mouth is a bellville bucket! There is one in set 5870. I'm not sure it comes in any other set or not. The other chrome parts are just the 2x2 round parts from one of the new creator sets. I hope this helps! Tom (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) Hey Ken, Thanks for the comments! I think the gun will be mounted on my port town and not in any ship. I'm not sure the ship could withstand the recoil of such a weapon. I'm hoping to maybe have a twin gun to go with it. I like your rating of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) I immediately thought of the famous war trophy cannon, Malik-e-Maidan, which was built in 1549 and brought to Bijapur state; it's a 55-ton gun that required 10 elephants and 500 men to move. The British, of course, took symbolic possession of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) Hey Lindsay, Thanks for the info about the Malik-e-Maidan! I checked into it and it's a pretty awesome cannon! I have to think that the Imperial Army cannon is meant to also serve as a intimidation piece! I believe most of the soldiers would (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) I know this thread is old, but I was wondering if you could point me to the set that the chrome 2x2 round bricks come in? I'm interested in make 1 or 2 of these cannons for a ship I am planning to make in the distant future. Thanks so much, (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) Hi Daniel, I got mine from: [LEGOSet 4176] (Though I need a few more before building a cannon like that one!) Adieu Richie Dulin (URL) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) Hi Daniel, As far as I know, this part only came in two sets: 4177 and 4176. I believe both of these sets are discontinued. I managed to get a small supply of these off of bricklink and ebay. Last I looked, there weren't any to be found. You (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) Hi Again, I spoke before checking bricklink for the sets. You can find 7 copies of set 4176 on bricklink. You'll have to pay about 20 bucks apiece for them and you only get one chrome 2x2 per set. There is also 1 copie of 4177 but it sells for (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)