 Pirates / 2765 (-10)
  Re: New legend is up

(...) pretty clear LD doesn't give much of a hoot about space. It even got the Battrax's model year wrong. 1987, not 1989! Buffoons!! BAH!! :-) --Dave (jot and jab) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New legend is up

(...) It depends on how early in the voting the opinion was first added to the list. If I recall, the top vote getter was only around 50-60 when I added that bit about the Barracuda (yes, I mentioned it here out of sheer vanity since it was the top (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: [My latest MOC] The lost tower

Arr! Piratin' is about ships, mostly. But if ye be wantin' an architectural critique, I'd say that it's a mighty fine tower, but the buttresses should be a bit thicker. And along with the concrete comment earlier, the plain walls are too shiny. They (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: [My latest MOC] The lost tower

Hello! (...) OK, that's a good reason. Well, not a "good" reason, but after all a reason :-) Bye Jojo P.S. I wonder why nobody in this pirates group said a single word about this cute pirate related MOC? (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New legend is up!

(...) Indeed. The best sets for building armies are those little one fig-few misc pieces ones. But I doubt somehow one of those would ever end up being made a legend. I just use the **set that must not be named** as an example because IMO it's the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: New legend is up

(...) Why did you pick the Black Falcon Fortress as your favorite? votes views rate 1 Castle theme in general is great. The older castle sets are all around great sets. The new castle sets have too many specialized pieces and the old sets are just (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New legend is up

(...) come (...) The voice of the AFOL seems to be coming through loud and strong on Main Street too. IMHO, reasons 1, 2, 4 are very nostalgic or backward-looking in a way that would only make sense for an adult. 5 is also somewhat backward looking (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New legend is up

I am trying to work out if we can deduce anything of statistical significance from the vote/view/rate information revealed on the My Opinions page for the different Legend candidates. For example, the top rated responses for the Barracuda (the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New legend is up

(...) Well, I'll be getting one of those new BSB's, even though I already own an 'original'. I'm thinking about converting it to an imperial flag-ship. Mark "or put wings on it and make it a SpacePirate" de Kock (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New legend is up!

(...) I just bought one on ebay (more or less intact) for $A100... it'll be interesting to see what pricing they come up with.... a second one'll definitely be on the list now (and a third, sooner or later, if the price is right). (...) How about a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact