 Pirates / 2562
Re: Teaser : HMS Atlas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 03:31:56 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam writes:
Greetings all... I'm posting this to both .build.military and to .pirates
since both of you great groups of people have shown interest in what this
new storyline has to offer...

This is a teaser for HMS Atlas, a highly modified Canopus-class
Pre-dreadnought. She's the flagship of this new storyline, and I've just
finished her main construction. Tertiary armament still to come.

I give all credit for the general construction techniques to LFB's most
wonderful construction notes on his Frederick der Grosse, just to clear that
up right away. I did draw on my space experience... but I'll explain all of
this later when there's more than one (awful) pic.

   I see it in the bow lines, primarily.  Hey, if the technique works,
   it works!  :)  I'm really interested in that superstructure construction,
   though.  That looks *really* interesting from afar.

As I say, this is just a teaser. The rest of the pics come when I can get
time away from school...

Enough ado, go look!

   I do like those lines.  Very, very nice.  The color scheme is also
   excellent--I go for dour grey, but there's something about Victorian
   dreadnought brass-and-black that's just extra-neat.

   Details, already!  Let's see details!

   You know, if we build enough of these things, between you, me, and
   maybe Richard (where's that HMAS Australia awreddy?) we can have a
   really nice Spithead Naval Review.  Or a duel.  :D

   best

   LFB