 Pirates / 2280 (-10)
  Re: Start of New Bedford Whaler up on Brickshelf

(...) I almost hate to say this, but Richard has set the precedent for clone brick use in larger vessels... The MegaBloks Viking Ship from the Legends series a few years back included a number of quite long oars. Dave! (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Start of New Bedford Whaler up on Brickshelf

(...) Don, I can't wait to see more. Are you going to throw a few Islanders into the crew (Call me Queeg-Queeg)? George (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Start of New Bedford Whaler up on Brickshelf

(...) Excellent! I like how it's in winter trim in the pictures. :) Think cool...think cool...not hot and humid and nasty, nooooo... (...) !!! Those are big whaleboats (we call 'em "Filz-class Emergency Cutters" round these parts ;) ). They look (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The HMS Jolly Roger

(...) and one part Pirate ship. I have a few questions: -Can we get any closer pictures of the bow and stern? -For a ship this size, you've done an admirable job of incorporating the patterned hull pieces; but have you considered rebuilding the hull (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) HMAS Australia it is. Somewhere around 320 long by 42 wide I think Hull design and template test complete 12 inch barrel design complete grey capability confirmed tan capability under review Being built (perhaps entirely) of heretical (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Start of New Bedford Whaler up on Brickshelf

(...) pretty cool too ;-) Richard Still baldly going... (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  The HMS Jolly Roger

Here are the links to the eight pictures I have so far of my 200 stud ship, the HMS Jolly Roger. (URL) ship has several features. The top deck comes off completely, and there is a moveable panel located at the stern as well, that lifts up to reveal (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Start of New Bedford Whaler up on Brickshelf

Click below to go to the first nine digital pics of my eventually to be over six foot long (when completed with bowsprit) Lego model of a 100 foot (deck length) 300 plus ton generic New Bedford whaler. I started out to build the Nantucket based (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Heh. I forgot about that when I wrote this--Australia's only capital ship, NZ's only capital ship, millions of square miles of ocean, and *bump*. Fortunately, the design flaw had nothing to do with the side protection... (...) Or _Courageous_ (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Mmmm. Research is pointing in the same direction. Either HMAS Australia (and let's not talk about the pushing and shoving with the New Zealand which kept her out of Jutland - she may have suffered the same fate as Indefatigable...), or perhaps (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact