 Pirates / 2267
2266  |  2268
Subject:
Bigpirateship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 17:11:13 GMT

Okay, I finally got by brickshelf account working (I had some trouble
downloading some scanned images). Anyway, please take a look at my model at:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f:6512

My pirate ship is about 200 studs (5 feet long), and 3.5 feet tall. It has
11 cannons along one side (that's all I have), and six life boats. The whole
ship actually comes apart in sections (the main deck is independant of the
rest of the vessel, and the upper and lower sections of the hull come
apart), but the masts are very fragile so I don't have any pictures of the
interior. The blue roof at the front of the vessel conceals a 3-prison cell
brig, and on the very front of the ship is a huge siege cannon, which has an
opening flap. The entire ship must have consumed several thousand pieces (I
lost count, but I no longer have any black or grey plates), and took about
two months to fully construct. Presently I am contemplating making a dock to
go alongside it. Anyway, enjoy the pictures, and let me know what you think.