 Pirates / 1965 (-20)
  SORRY!

Sorry about that meeage; I have not read "The whole truth and nothing but the truth" message yet. Very, very sorry. Robbie (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) I've heard on the winds that a castle people accessory set is coming and it will contain a female figure. I don't know anymore then that, so don't press me... Now, onto more pressing matters, The Yellow Castle... Why hasn't it been considered (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

No no - that's *good*. Non-shooting cannon are *much* better looking. And once you've fired one, who cares? It's not like you can fire a broadside at once, is it? (BTW, if anyone has any mint, unused, non-shooting cannon they'd like to swap for (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) I'm guessing that these thoughts will drag down prices somewhat. Which may be a bad thing. The good prices are what gets non-FOLs scouring the used market and putting these things up for sale (I think the bulk of my eBay buying is from non (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Blue and Red Sailor/Soldier Questions

(...) You probably have a ship that is too long relative to its width, but ignoring that, it's a matter of taste. Four per section (including bow and stern sections) would give you about 32 figs and would be a good starting point. If you really (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Ya. But just look at it as "do I want the enjoyment of having it nowish enough to pay X for it" rather than the other way... if I stress out for 1/2 hour about the decision, that's a cost too... So stop worrying and buy buy buy. Or sell sell (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Way ahead of ya! 45 service packs are on their way. I must admit I didn't get the cannon service packs because they were shooting, I got them because they have wheels! :-) Bruce (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Blue and Red Sailor/Soldier Questions

(...) Well, I think I can answer the rank question. There is clearly the Admiral figure, though the fashion can also represent a Captain. The tri corner hat uniform is generally an officer's uniform, and then we have the Infantry and Artillery (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

I think re-releasing sets will drive me crazy for a different, but related, reason... I'm less worried about the value of the sets I own going down, but I think this will make it much harder for me, as a buyer, to figure out how much to pay for an (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) There are a lot of great Fabuland parts, some of the popular Fabuland parts: Lampposts Washtubs Curved car roof Ships wheel Decorative 1x4 brick w/3 lobes Car exhasut pipes Curved top "saloon" doors Jail cell door Spiral stairs Airplane engine (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Blue and Red Sailor/Soldier Questions

Hey Y'all: What is a good number of sailors or soldiers to have for a large ship, if it were around 6 midsection elements long? Also what exactly are the three ranks lego is trying to represent? And how many minis of each rank should one have on a (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: bad, BAD NEWS!

(...) I think you probably got a standard answer to your standard question. There are probably "millions" who ask the same question to LEGO, and they just ship off a standardized answer. Perhaps they will have to change this procedure in the future! (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) I agree, except for the bit about Fabuland! My daughter LOVES Fabuland, and I can see why some like it. May not be my cup of tea, personally, but if some comes back, great! PS don't tell Sheree R. of your anti Fabuland stance. :-) ++Lar (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Yeah, but us Europeans may get non-shooting cannons :( Better stock up on service packs... Steve "Bruce Schlickbernd" <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote in message news:GDsLs8.Hqv@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Those who paid $800 for a single set (I have) will still have their Lego... so what's the worry? I think in the long run it will be good. We may see the return of parts which we never thought we'd see again... and some we do not want to see (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(General note: I have no clue where this discussion should be going, general, marketplace theory? Feel free to redirect) John & All, (...) Indeed. As a pretty big collector of LEGO sets (Not for money, bt I enjoy havbing them) and of LEGO parts, I (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: bad, BAD NEWS!

(...) Well, on the one hand we have an unattributed email report, and on the other hand, a signed post in lugnet.lego.direct by Brad J. I know which way I'm betting. Like James says... LD does not hold the retail brief. Thank goodness. The retail (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town)

  Re: bad, BAD NEWS!

(...) LEGO (the part that handles retail, whatever it's called) isn't... LEGO Direct, a very different part of LEGO, is. (URL) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town)

  bad, BAD NEWS!

I regret to inform everyone that Lego WILL NOT be re-releasing any sets. I e-mailed their product services and they said they are not doing such a thing. Sorry to everyone who was going to buy any of the sets;they will not be in North America. (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) John , please take this the best way possible -- it is offered by someone who doesn't even know you so his opinion should not matter to you very much... ...but... ... you either are, or are not, cool. It has nothing to do with the stuff you (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact