 Pirates / 1940
RE: Why aren't we going crazy?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 17:04:56 GMT

People selling those old sets?  Who cares about them?!  It's people like
me who just spent $1000 buying pirate lego sets for 20-50% OVER retail
that might get upset!  Which I won't, I'll just buy more! :-)

Roy

-----Original Message-----
From: John Carroll [mailto:johnc@digitalacropolis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 11:51 AM
To: lugnet.pirates@lugnet.com; lugnet.castle@lugnet.com;
lugnet.lego.direct@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

If TLC is reissuing old sets those selling old sets not be
too happy (EI
held onto a guarded in to sell it on ebay for mucho $, And then TLC
rereleases it in 2001[1]) I will be happy cause hopefully I
can get some old
sets again.  but a little disapointed cause now anyone can
have a cheap army
of black falcons[1] it might wreck havoc on ebay and brick
bay etc. (which
can be overpriced)

Oh well I can't wait for the July surprise

John

[1]speculation I don't want anyone to think I have inside
information or
somethinig

In lugnet.pirates, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Jimmy Park writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Ralph Döring writes:
If this IS the july suprise, we may be pleased sooner • than we think...

Well, I suppose technically, this is part of the July surprise.

- My guess is, that they had a lot of these sets left. • Maybe all or a part
of them are sets coming back from the shops and my have • bruised boxes. This
could be the reason for the new boxes.
- I´d bet that TLG is not re-releasing old sets. They are • rather selling old
stock. So hope for the best but don´t expect too much.

I sincerely doubt this is old stock.  They are re-releasing • some older sets.

Jimmy Park

Is LEGO really reissuing old sets?  Can we expect an official answer?
I can only assume that all information circulating is true • as we should have
heard from one of the LEGO representatives that seem to read • and respond SO
frequently here on LUGNET.  Sillence seems to suggest that • the words by
Jimmy Park are essentially summing things up for them and • they may have a
gag order regarding this particular issue.  If we could have • some kind of
note from Brad Justus as to whether any of this is truth or • rumor, I would
sincerely appreciate it.
-Aaron West-