 Pirates / 1880
Re: Pirate Accessory packs at UK shop-at-home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 18:33:58 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Todd Kubo writes:
Ha Ha!
And they wonder why those of us here in the States have a hard time
with Lego fans in Europe...

   Now, now, considering how much the US AFOLs annoy the
   Austraila/New Zealand contingent by getting things in
   good time, all's fair.

Actually, until they actually ship the order, I presume there's a large
chance they'll say, "Oops!  We just ran out before we filled your order."
And since I presumed someone simply tripped over a random box of the goodies
and they were in limited supply (as it turns out is the case), I moved on
this as fast as possible as soon as I could get some kind soul in Europe to
act as a conduit.  So, speaking for myself, I can't complain about European
Lego fans in the slightest!  Rock on, Euro-AFOL!

   And US-AFOL in Europe!  :)  I ordered a mere 24, just
   enough to keep myself happy.  Oh, and four baggies of
   shooting cannon.  Gotta have shooting cannon, yes.
   But there's still more available, and if I weren't
   so worried about my finances, I'd actually order more.
   But alas, I only have so much luggage I can bring home,
   and I'm being enough of a Trojan Horse already.

   But if it's any indication, Bruce, I already received
   one telephone call yesterday to inform me about one
   short quantity (5200 signal mast, they had 3 and my
   buyer wanted 4), but said that all else I'd ordered
   had gone out as requested.

   But as for those Pirate goodies...heck yeah!  They're
   still *all* available, AFAIK (as of 7PM GMT).  (And no,
   I *cannot* snag any for anyone else--sorry, but I'm
   already maxed out for myself and a few other folks.)

   best

   LFB (Sailing the European Main lookin' fer LEGO booty...)