 Pirates / 1477
Re: Masts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:34:19 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Alex Marino writes:
Does anyone know a good supplier of masts for boats?

   If not for that pesky Parks legislation, I'd say
   Redwood National Forest...

   Um, wait.  You mean LEGO masts, for LEGO boats (as
   opposed to LEGO masts for real boats, or real masts
   for LEGO boats)?  Of course, I have my own source,
   but it depends on the size of your hopeful boat.
   The best source aside from lucky strikes of old Pirates
   sets, if you can find them, are Time Cruisers Flying
   Time Vessels.  You get two different sorts of masts,
   plus the all-important *lower section* (middle section
   to some).  Barring that, the Amazon Adventurers River
   Expedition is going to be your best bet, with that boat.
   In both cases auctioning off the leavings usually will
   get you a tidy profit besides your masts.

   But if you're looking for individuals who stock and
   sell LEGO masts, good luck--most of the folks around
   .pirates would give their scurvy swabs (gross!) to
   have more masts...

   best of luck!

   Lindsay