 Pirates / 1455 (-5)
  Re: (Non-LEGO) Recommendation

Mr L F Braun wrote in message ... (...) I don't know about London-area, but the Endeavour replica was here in Vancouver this spring and next stop was Australia (the ship is Australian). We went on the tour and she's a really beautiful job - they (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: (Non-LEGO) Recommendation

(...) It's a ship in fine shape--I only saw it at night, but it's a very pleasant sight in the moonlight. And it's mentioned at the DLR stop! Always a sure sign that you're important, methinks. (...) I didn't realise they'd dragged the whole carcass (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: (Non-LEGO) Recommendation

(...) The two books I'd most likely skip are the first two, but at the same time, these books set up characters that appear throughout the series, and both have their good points. I'd stick with chronological order. www.amazon.com has at least some (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: (Non-LEGO) Recommendation

(...) Hi Bruce, Can you tell me if a person who started reading the books by O'brian would be lost if they did not read them in chronilogical order. They sound really interesting. Any idea if there is an online bookstore I could purchase Hardbacks (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: (Non-LEGO) Recommendation

(...) This is probably the best series in this time frame and consists of a staggering 20 books (Patrick O'Brian, alas, passed away at the start of this year). The first book is on the overly fussy technical side and can be a bit of a chore to read. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact