 Pirates / 1450 (-10)
  (Non-LEGO) Recommendation

Anyone out there looking for some good, Age-of-Sail-era related reading material? While I was in the bookstore looking for reading material to take on the plane, I came across a series of novels by Patrick O'Brian. They deal with the life of a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mercenaries and minifig weapons...

(...) Check my webpage again...I hope this helps I tried to provide a few pics (in a whimsical way) illustrating the difference between the two heads in question = ) The head in 6706 is a couple shades darker than the head on my mercenary. The "Red" (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Mercenaries and minifig weapons...

(...) I would have to respectfully disagree = ) I exumed my Wild West figures from my storage closet and compared the 6706 soldier and my "Red" Fox mercenary. The soldier from 6706 has a brownish red print while my mercenary fig has a brighter (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Mercenaries and minifig weapons...

I have to second the motion that set 6706 is the set those particular heads come in. I purchased a slew of them at Kohls for $2@ awhile back. As a result I have many many of those style minifig heads. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

Dave Low wrote in message ... (...) You might try 6706, hard to see on the picture but I'm pretty sure one of the soldiers has that head: (URL) Vic, I've seen stacks of these both in TW stores, and also at GB's. I guess that they could be absent (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Mercenaries and minifig weapons...

(...) I acquired that head in a small eBay lot a few months ago. I put it in a "special bag" for future reference. I thought that head was different... I had only seen a similar version with an eyepatch on Capt. Redbeard. The head I have came from a (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Mercenaries and minifig weapons...

(...) (URL) only fig I could find or think of was Pirate 9, as listed on brickset: (URL) know where else I might find him (or any other redbearded fellow who might realistically play Odysseus)? --DaveL (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Palm leaf holder

(...) Yes, but my database does... 2 in 6977 - Arachnoid Star Base See, they're in space sets too! Kim (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Palm leaf holder

(...) ...and, as noted, several other Pirate (and a few Castle!) sets. These are extremely useful things. I love them, but can never get enough of them! My joyous discovery of the last week is that the 6543 Sail n' Fly Marina has them in *brown*... (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Palm leaf holder

(...) I'm getting the feeling I should add Dan and Jenn's site to my favorites. ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact