 Pirates / 1323
Re: yellow parrots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 23:18:51 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Lowell writes:
yeha, i have that set that has 2 of them, and i want 2 more so each corner
will have a parrot. thanks for the advice. adios,
                                       8^) Brucey-Wan

And hereby hangs a tale!

I was curious about what set this was, so I dug around in the inventories on
Chris Rasmussen's excellent Adventurers site and found it was <set:5919>.
"U.S.-only Toys 'R' Us release", says the LUGnet guide.  Phoo.  (I'm in
Canada.)

Well, I was prowling in my TRU today, and while picking out the few remaining
Egypt sets to price-scan, I happened upon a pair of 3722's with which I wasn't
familiar.  The big gold case almost made me put it back, but there they were:
the yellow parrots!  (Same set, different number.)  I paid MSRP for them, but
hey.  I'll be keeping the parrots, but wanted to let Canadians know that
"US-only" ain't necessarily so.

Anybody want a pair of gold suitcases?
Cheers, Heather
--