 Pirates / 1317
Re: The Lord Nelson at Port Block
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 07:11:09 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Tony Priestman writes:
Not a problem with me, matey! Having demolished the Bricklayer's Arms
for parts, I'm currently publess, but it's not like there's a shortage
of names :-)

Publess.

That's got to be about THE most desolate word in the Australian lexicon.

Mind you, if the locals let it get torn down, it probably wasn't much of a pub
in the first place, eh?  <<GD&R>>

In the meantime, I have added a single quick pic to the Government House
page.  Careful though, I got a bit over exuberant and the pic is a bit big
(~87k) but you can get a decent idea from the thumbnail if you're bandwidth
challenged......

Page: http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/gov/welcome.htm
Thumb: http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/gov/gov-08.jpg
Pic: http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/gov/gov-08-n.jpg

Some bright sunny day I'll nick out into the yard and snap some better pics.

In the meantime, at least now you know where a thirsty sailor fig can
get 'isself a decent rum :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...