 Pirates / 1245 (-20)
  Re: Tiny Fleet

(...) Traditionally the actual pirates got the large ship and a small ship in the Lego scheme of things. The "Imperials" (Spanish or English inspired) got the mid-size ship. Unfortunately the Armada blundered by at the height of parts- skimping (the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Tiny Pack (Re: Tiny Fleet)

(...) Can't say much on the pirate issue, but I feel you...look at the Wolfpack. A tower and wagon...oh boy! The WP was one of my favorite subthemes as a kid...still is. I just wish there woulda been more of em... -Chris FUT .castle (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Tiny Fleet

Does anyone know why the LEGO company only made two of the imperial armada sets. The sets would be great if they had more than a floating shack called a dock and one ship with four men and ONE cannon. Is that ANY match for about a hundred pirats? (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Please help my pirate fleet!

(...) Arrr, welcome aboard, matey. Though it may seem like this is the best place to ask about sets, figs, and parts for pirates it actually isn't. Why? Because virtually everyone here on the pirates board want more of the same (except maybe Frank (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Please help my pirate fleet!

The vault's got some pirate sets, including shooting cannons. Goto (URL) #:^D (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Please help my pirate fleet!

Hi everyone, I just got in to collecting, and playing with the pirate legos just about two months ago, and just joined lugnet today. I have been lucky to get the Black seas Barracuda, and the Imperial Trading Post, But I need more soldiers, and the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  FunBrix Pic of the Week #4

Hi All, The 4th FunBrix Pic of the Week is here! Reinhard "Ben" Beneke - Pirate Ship. This is one cool Pirate ship, but it needs a cool name. Also I see it lived a short life, but at least he took pictures of this great model before it went down. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Arr, there she goes.

(...) I won't be stocked, but they will. ;) Off to .nl with me! I kin be a Dutch pyrate. best LFB (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Arr, there she goes.

(...) Marooned. In ordinairy. Dry-docked. In mothballs. A castaway. Becalmed. In the doldrums. I hope ye be well stocked wi' grog where'er ye be goin' ta drown yer sorrows. Bruce Where the heck *are* you going? :-) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Arr, there she goes.

D'oh. Well, today was THE BIG DAY for my collection, which I duly trundled off to storage (wah!) here in New Jersey. I shan't see it for at least ten months, perhaps as much as two years! Aigh, this sucks. Anyways, _Gloire_ made it safely into (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:39892EAA.BF50F2...msu.edu... (...) As far as I'm aware, that wasn't a problem, as steam ships were pretty damn thin on the ground back then. Coal was used for heating and furnaces, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) I'd always been under the impression that the grade of coal in the exposed seams wasn't quite up to RN standards (they only want the best anthracite, have to keep that smoke down to a minimum!)--but I may be wrong, because I'm going off the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) The Sea Wolf, by Jack London. The central character being a ship captain named Wolf Larson. If Vulf has a son named Lar, he'd be Lars Vulfson. I TOLD you the joke was hiding (and perhaps should have stayed hidden). :-) Bruce (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) Oh, I don't know, I think it is quite possible that I will run out of bricks on this creation. I'm already almost out of red 2x4 bricks, and I have a lot more support superstructure to go (which will likely eat up all the blue and yellow (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) Reeeeeeeally? <grin> Please clarify, I haven't been following .pirates *that* carefully; Frank-ly, (1) I haven't been following much of lugnet carefully at all... I barely even noticed I won CLSOTW... (2) ... just barely keeping up on .castle. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:39863935.1D54F3...msu.edu... (...) revealed the (...) For those who are interested... According to my 'History of Coal Mining in Australia'. (Hey! I'm studying Mining Engineering, I'm (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) Hey, the RN used to send fuel oil to Aden until the Second World War, so anything is possible. ("In a bureaucracy, anything is possible contra logic") I think it has more to do with economies of scale, in that sending anthracite from Britain (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) Wouldn't that be like sending coal to Newcastle? James (who fondly recalls the sight of the Enterprise stuck on a sandbank...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Good string for rigging

(...) Dat's it. (Art C-45) 100 yards, not feet (duh, although didn't have the spool with me.) I originally bought a spool of the natural cotton color from another craft store (because they didn't have black) and I like the way it works. I had to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Good string for rigging

(...) Speed-Cro-Sheen appears to be a brand of crochet thread made by J&P Coats. Is the spool marked with the thread size or weight, and the number of plys? I think this is it (scroll down): (URL) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact