 Pirates / 1230 (-20)
  Re: PS Enterprise

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:39863935.1D54F3...msu.edu... (...) revealed the (...) For those who are interested... According to my 'History of Coal Mining in Australia'. (Hey! I'm studying Mining Engineering, I'm (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) Hey, the RN used to send fuel oil to Aden until the Second World War, so anything is possible. ("In a bureaucracy, anything is possible contra logic") I think it has more to do with economies of scale, in that sending anthracite from Britain (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) Wouldn't that be like sending coal to Newcastle? James (who fondly recalls the sight of the Enterprise stuck on a sandbank...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Good string for rigging

(...) Dat's it. (Art C-45) 100 yards, not feet (duh, although didn't have the spool with me.) I originally bought a spool of the natural cotton color from another craft store (because they didn't have black) and I like the way it works. I had to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Good string for rigging

(...) Speed-Cro-Sheen appears to be a brand of crochet thread made by J&P Coats. Is the spool marked with the thread size or weight, and the number of plys? I think this is it (scroll down): (URL) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Good string for rigging

Ahoy Pirate Mateys! I've found a string that works well as Pirate ship rigging. It's called Speed-Cro-Sheen. It's thicker than thread, thinner than yarn, and of a fairly dense wrap. AND it comes in black (as well as a lot of other colors). It's just (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) Sorry old man, not really an interiors kind of guy me. I had four different goes at paddle gear and wasn't happy with any of them, before I realised that none of my efforts could be seen through the fairing and grille around the wheel. Now, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) There aren't too many cases where capital ships have even come into direct contact with pirates. One example I can think of might be Britain versus Zanzibar, 1880--pretty much a war against illicit trade and outright piracy given haven by the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) And what? Clean out that fearsome nest of pirates lurking nearby? I didn't think capital ships did well against piracy. ++Lar (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) Very nice! It looks very customised, which is to be expected of any ship built on-site like that--fearsome, black-smoke belching monster that it is. Do you have any closer pictures of the paddle gear, and has the steam engine been detailed? (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  PS Enterprise

Evening all, Just a quick note that I have added a new page at Port Block, providing more pictures of the Paddle Steamer Enterprise (URL) all the work being on the Studs site over the past few months, its kinda nice to be spending some time back at (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  My web pages have been updated, especially pirate stuff!

Check out my LEGO web pages at: (URL) updated some stuff here and there. The largest new content is in the pictures area, and all the pirate pages. Especially note my writeup of the Pirate Game at Brickfest 2000. In doing the game writeup, I've (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce)

  New Capital Ship: HMS Queen

Hi all, In anticipation of my being Lego-less in the upcoming year, I decided to make use of these designs I've been scratching out for the last six months and build a new capital ship. It's not _Gloire_ or any modification thereof, but rather a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Cannons

(...) The first Pirate sets released in the US had shooting cannons. I have the 1989 US versions of the BSB, Caribbean Clipper, and Eldorado Fortress, all which have shooting cannons. I can't recall if the Forbidden Island I have has them; that set (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Cannons

(...) Forgive my newbieish question but there were firing cannons released in the U.S.? I was under the impression that like the firing Boba Fett, they never saw the light of day. -Sean Who always thought the Boba Fett was released until he found (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Cannons

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Franklin W. Cain (<FyCACI.3Jq@lugnet.com>) wrote at 04:41:05 (...) Yeah, but the non-firing ones look much nicer. You get nice detailing on the outside, and not having a pin sticking out of the muzzle makes broadsides look all (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Continuation: HMS Queen

(...) You should avoid drooling on the enter key, it results in double posting :-) :-) :-) FUT lugnet.off-topic.fun (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  (canceled)

  Re: Continuation: HMS Queen

(...) wow. I wish I could make funnels like those! Great job Lindsay! *is still drooling* Now then, where did I put those lifeboats..... Erin -- (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cannons

(...) But, keep in mind that sets from anywhere other than the USA will come with firing cannons. Buy a few Pirate sets from ETS-DYA, and you'll have a few firing cannons. And there's almost always *someone* floating around selling firing cannon (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact