 Pirates / 1230 (-10)
  Re: PS Enterprise

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:39863935.1D54F3...msu.edu... (...) revealed the (...) For those who are interested... According to my 'History of Coal Mining in Australia'. (Hey! I'm studying Mining Engineering, I'm (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) Hey, the RN used to send fuel oil to Aden until the Second World War, so anything is possible. ("In a bureaucracy, anything is possible contra logic") I think it has more to do with economies of scale, in that sending anthracite from Britain (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) Wouldn't that be like sending coal to Newcastle? James (who fondly recalls the sight of the Enterprise stuck on a sandbank...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Good string for rigging

(...) Dat's it. (Art C-45) 100 yards, not feet (duh, although didn't have the spool with me.) I originally bought a spool of the natural cotton color from another craft store (because they didn't have black) and I like the way it works. I had to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Good string for rigging

(...) Speed-Cro-Sheen appears to be a brand of crochet thread made by J&P Coats. Is the spool marked with the thread size or weight, and the number of plys? I think this is it (scroll down): (URL) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Good string for rigging

Ahoy Pirate Mateys! I've found a string that works well as Pirate ship rigging. It's called Speed-Cro-Sheen. It's thicker than thread, thinner than yarn, and of a fairly dense wrap. AND it comes in black (as well as a lot of other colors). It's just (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) Sorry old man, not really an interiors kind of guy me. I had four different goes at paddle gear and wasn't happy with any of them, before I realised that none of my efforts could be seen through the fairing and grille around the wheel. Now, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) There aren't too many cases where capital ships have even come into direct contact with pirates. One example I can think of might be Britain versus Zanzibar, 1880--pretty much a war against illicit trade and outright piracy given haven by the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) And what? Clean out that fearsome nest of pirates lurking nearby? I didn't think capital ships did well against piracy. ++Lar (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PS Enterprise

(...) Very nice! It looks very customised, which is to be expected of any ship built on-site like that--fearsome, black-smoke belching monster that it is. Do you have any closer pictures of the paddle gear, and has the steam engine been detailed? (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact