 Pirates / 1210 (-10)
  Continuation: HMS Queen

Phase II Construction; all turrets in situ, all decks but bow complete, and both funnels erected. I'm now reaching the point where I don't have enough room in the apartment to take a good picture of the darn thing. The polemast is only there as a (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cannons

(...) For the same reason that Kenner glued Boba Fett's missile into his backpack in the 80s... Fear of litigation and/or bad press from some stupid child poking his eye out or choking to death. Franklin (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Photos from Pirate Game at DragonCon

Ahoy, mateys! Here be some booty I plundered! This first photo shows me and Matthew Teets (thanks, again, Matthew, for all your help!) helping some players resolve cannon fire. Matthew is to the [viewer's] left of the little kid, in black T-shirt (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Calling all pirates - I need to identify whose ships these are!

I'm starting to collect all the postmortem and all from the Pirate Game at Brickfest 2000, and I'd like to get as many peoples ship names as possible. I have the following ships names (with player name if known): Captain Bad Jim the Funny Hat of the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  (canceled)

  Cannons

Does anyone know why they stopped making firing cannons and began making these ones where it takes five miniutes just to get the cannonball out? NICK #:^\ (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: HMS Queen

(...) Sigh. Now you know why I've contemplated a career change. Significant Other and toys...two absolutely excellent things I must leave here while I'm away. (...) I'm sure the ship will look better once it has proper railing. I may also "toe in" (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: HMS Queen

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Mr L F Braun (<397EA9CC.EE4A6F68@....msu.edu>) wrote at 09:05:16 (...) You have my sympathy. I wouldn't want to leave something like that. Absolutely amazing, but you really *must* have a go at a more sculptural shape some time. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: HMS Queen

(...) No heart of oak. No sails being unfurled to the wind. No piratical crews overthrowing the oppressive taskmasters that kidnapped and enslaved them. Gray steel and black smoke. Idunno. (mind you, a great Lego project) (...) "Arrrr, ye scurvy (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  HMS Queen

Hi all- Well, here it is, the current phase of my last construction before departure. Purely aghast at the horror of a French ironclad, however decrepit and obsolescent, stalking the South Seas, it's only a matter of time before our intrepid Royal (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact