 People / Newbie / 60
Re: Odd Question/Looking for advice:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:56:53 GMT

My parents made me give away all my Legos when I became a teenager.  I hold
no grudges against them, but I do regret not having those early '80s space
and castle sets anymore.  I don't even collect the space and castle themes
now, but it would be tough to give up my those sets now that I'm an adult.
I recently found an old 6356 set that appeared at my parents.... it's worn
and has no instructions or box, but I would never sell it unless I had to :)
I'm not sure I'd give it to my kids to abuse either....

-- Scott

In lugnet.people.newbie, Scott DeWolf writes:
I have the yellow castle (375).  Got it for Christmas in 1980.  While I don't
have the box I do still have the instructions.  I have 1 missing and a few
broken peices.   Part of me does not want to part with it at all.  Another part
of me wants to to give it to my children (I collect mainly space [STAR WARS as
well as other] sets now).  And a third part has thoughts of putting it up for
auction.

I have a certain odd attachment to it since it was my first LEGO set.  I know
how much my parents paid for it and at that time they did not have a lot of
money. So I can satisfy 2/3's  of my quandry by keeping it.  But...I'd like to
hear what others have to say.

I know I rambled but any advice would be helpful.

Thank you,

Scott