 People / Newbie / 308
307  |  309
Subject:
New poster's cuBRICKulum vitae
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 22:52:45 GMT

Hello everybody,

(I supposed this to be my first post on Lugnet but instead of that I jumped
right into discussion without any introduction. Excuse me please for being so
"sudden".)

My name is Martin Srb. I was born in 1985 and I live in Praha (that's the city
called Prague in English :-) it's the capital of the Czech Republic).

Except for Duplo, my first LEGO sets were 6523 and 6613. I got them at age of 3
and I still have them.

In 1998 my brother was born. Thanks to him, I had no "dark age". He has not
enough building skill and I must "teach" him :-)

In the early 2000s, our home computer was connected to the internet. "LEGO" was
of course one of the very first words I typed into a search engine. Since my
English was very poor then, only the Brickshelf site was understandable to me.

In May 2005 it was before my secondary school leaving exams. I was bored with
studying so I played with bricks and surfed the internet. Then I discovered
Jindroush Kubec's KOSTKY.ORG, the Czecho-Slovak LEGO Forum, and became an
on-line-AFOL. (LEGO bricks have a positive educational effect: I passed the
exams with grade "excellent")

Now:
I study journalism at the Charles University.
I live in a flat with my parents and brother and 25000+ LEGO parts.
My favourite LEGO themes are Train, Town, Technic, and virtual models (CAD).
My never-complete-and-never-successfully-sorted Brickshelf gallery is over
there: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/betakaroten

That's all for now!
LEg GOdt,
Martin