 People / Newbie / 290
Re: Another one who's new here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 21:46:02 GMT

In lugnet.people.newbie, Florian Haag wrote:
Hello everyone,
I've been reading these newsgroups for a while, and now decided to
request a posting permit.
Before my dark age, I used to build lots of models with LEGO, now, I
love to build models for LDraw :-)

Welcome to lugnet. LDraw is a great piece of software that lets people with more
ideas than bricks make stuff.

Concerning the latter, I put some onto my website, and I'd like to post
a link to my models, but being new here, I have a question:
I understand that I'm supposed to announce my MOCs in the appropriate
groups, not necessarily only one of them. That is, if I have a Space
MOC in LDraw, I post a message to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad.dat.models
as well as lugnet.announce.moc, and set the f'up to lugnet.space
(correct, so far?). Now, as I'm particularly fond of the original "LEGO
System style" (i.e. minifig scale from late 80s/early 90s), and I
usually design my models as if they could have been actual LEGO System
models, I wonder whether there's a special newsgroup for models like
these (also extending the original sub-themes)?

I'm not aware of such group(s) but I didn't know this one existed so maybe there
is... either way I'd just follow-up to .space (for example) and be done with it.

Moreover, I'm having some problems with this NNTP server; I seem to be
able to only get one posting at a time, downloading the messages from a
the other ones never arrive) :-S I use Xananews, anyone else having
that problem?
If this is actually covered in the FAQ (where I couldn't find it),
please let me know where exactly to find it.

Can't help you with that but look in lugnet.admin

Kind regards,
Florian

Tim