 People / Newbie / 216
Re: Got a Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:31:34 GMT

In lugnet.people.newbie, John Henry Kruer writes:
In lugnet.people.newbie, Dean R. Hennen writes:

Here's the sample link:

http://news.lugnet.com/town/?n=5869

Ahh, well, that's a case of classic newbie phobia.  I'm no townie, but I can
say that 9 out of 10 newbies get little or no responses if they are not some
brilliant genius.

Just keep posting!  It'll be okay soon.

Dean, the other thing you can try is this:
When you first announce online images of new models, you can send to more
than one Lugnet group.  In this case, you could have posted in .town (as you
did), but also .announce.moc, and possibly .build.  Make sure to set the
Followup just to .town (to keep the conversation tidy).  If you are using
the web interface, when you are on the page that allows you to compose a
post, near the top of a page is a link to a pop-up that lists all the groups
you might consider.

Oh, and BTW, I loved the Market.  Reminds me of the Flea Markets or a
Farmers' Markets that are common in my area, right down to the dirt parking
lot!  :)  And the storytelling pics of building the Corner Store are great.

Cheers,
-Hendo