 People / Newbie / 207
Re: News authentication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:52:49 GMT

Adrian Drake wrote:

In lugnet.people.newbie, Thomas Jost writes:
hello there,

I am just coming out of my lurker-being and I have a question:
Do I really have to authenticate every post I make or is there a way to
avoid this?

thanks for your help.
warm regards from Switzerland
Thomas

The only way to get around the authentication would be to get a Lugnet
membership and post through the web interface.  The authentication was put
into place when somebody decided to impersonate another user and post
through the newsgroup, causing quite the little firestorm.

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com

Ah I see, thanx for your help Adrian. Btw: you usually hang out in .space,
right? Well, I actually don't build anything else than spacish things, so I
hope to see you and the other fellows there very soon. If you're
interested, you'll find a few pix of things I've built here:

http://tom.duebi.ch/yappa/index.php?album=%2FLego

It's not a lot at the moment but more is sure to come...

Thanks again and see you!
Thomas