 People / Newbie / 170
Re: Reading and posting with outlook
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:59:37 GMT

"Luke Ma" <Luke_Ma@brown.edu> writes:
Hi.  Just joined Lugnet a bit ago.  I think I can finally post now :)
The only thing is, is there anyway to post using outlook without e-mail
verification besides the web interface?  I appreciate all the work Todd put
into the site to keep spam and nonsense away but sometimes it's hard to find
a specific thread by nothing but chronological order.  No complaints if the
web is the only interface but if there is a better one (as with outlook
only), I'd like to know about it.  Thanks :)

Nope, the web interface is the only way to avoid the confirmation
e-mails.

There have been several discussion on this topic ever since the system
was put into place, and they all boil down to the fact that only the
web offers a good reliable mechanism for entering a username and
password.

--Bill.

AMAZING BUT TRUE: There is so much sand in northern Africa that if it were
                  spread out it would completely cover the Sahara Desert!