 People / Newbie / 141
140  |  142
Subject:
Another lurker takes the plunge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:56:37 GMT

Hey everybody. I'm Danny, and this would have been my first post but I got a
little excited when I saw the poll for the new Legend set, and had to weigh
in for the "exit poll."

A little about me: I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where I received my
first two Lego sets (<A HREF="http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6970">6970</A> and
<A HREF="http://guide.lugnet.com/set/442">442</A>) in 1980 for my 7th
birthday. I was hooked right away, and continued to collect Space, Castle,
and a few Town sets until my early teens.

While I'd occasionally slip into the Lego aisle at the local toy store after
that, my dark ages didn't end until 2000, when I started regularly eyeing
the offerings on eBay. I can't remember the first set I bought, but the
floodgates were open: I've continued with the Space, Castle and Town lines
while also collecting the Star Wars, Ninja, Pirate, Western, and - my
happiest additions - the Trains line. An unopened Robotics Invention Set awaits.

I live in San Francisco, looking forward to the day I have an extra room to
organize my pieces and make finding random parts for MOCs simpler. In the
meantime, I continue to buy sets and parts, old and new, through a variety
of channels, including retail and Lego Direct. When I'm not scouring eBay
and TRU for Legos, I root for a variety of sports teams, I'm an avid reader,
I play lots of golf, and I travel as much as I can.

Finally, I do want to expressly thank Lugnet - both the administrators and
the members - for helping to make Lego collecting infinitely easier,
unquestionably better, and definitely more fun. I've pored through the
catalog many times, I've bought Legos from some of you, I've made purchases
based on your tips, and I've been inspired by your creations - and your
collections. I see many good things happening at Lugnet - the tidy upkeep,
the constant improvement efforts, the positive feedback surrounding new
MOCs, the spontaneous contests, the helping hands members lend each
other...not to mention the excitement over the many cool initiatives The
Lego Group has embarked on lately. I'm proud to be a member here. I hope the
best of Lugnet is yet to come, and look forward to seeing it grow and prosper.

Thanks, and again, good to formally "meet" you all.
Danny

Danny Sullivan
San Francisco CA
Lugnet ID: 786