 People / 995
Re: Local LEGO Competitions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 05:03:18 GMT

In lugnet.general Wilson Raska <willy007_@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello all, I wanted to ask you lugnetters if any of you have any local LEGO
competitions (outside of LUGNET) in your area.  We have one in the Hobby
building at our state fair in Great Falls, MT.

This goes back a few (okay, more than that) years, but I was responsible for
a "Lego model" category being added at our county 4-H fair when I was a kid.
I helped the county extension agent write the entry guidelines.  Unfortunately
they used the same judge as for the regular kit models, and he didn't know
diddley about Lego, so the winners tended to be whoever had entered the
largest/most complex set.  Yes, I am still a bit bitter that my MOCs didn't
do better. ;)

I haven't been back home for the fair in a few years, but last time I went
there were still a good number of Lego models on display.

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/