 People / 65
64  |  66
Subject:
That Homecoming Thing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 00:02:40 GMT

Well, to start off, if you think punting -3 yards is funny, wait 'til you hear
this: Our freshman team (and the one I'm on, I might add) has a whopping
record of 0-5! Our team is actually pretty good, we just happen to lose
whenever we play :) Our varsity team is another story, though, earlier this
year, they were #3 in the state (Ohio)
Anyway, back on topic, homecoming as I know it is a chance for the really
popular people to go and get crowned king and queen, while their really
popular friends on the "court" watch and get mad at them. This all happens on
Saturday. Friday is the day of the big game, and it is always fixed so that
the team playes the same team every year. That way, we can go out and
vandalize their signature, whatever it may be. We (Hilliard) always play
Dublin for homecoming, and they are the shamrocks, so they have a big green
rock in front of their school. Our school then goes and paints their
green 'rock blue, our school color. A dozen or so kids usually get taken into
custody by the police, but it is only for curfew violation,a nd not vandalism.
Even though they (Dublin) know that we will paint their 'rock every year, they
got mad for some reason and spray painted a big green shamrock on our
stadium's brand new $15,000 scoreboard last year, which did not go over too
well. On the days before this, there is usually a spirit type week, a bonfire
where all the popular people go and burn pictures of their 50,000,000,000
previous boy/girlfriends from the past year, though that is not what is
supposed to happen. Well, that's all that I can really say about that for now.
Greg "Go Cats" Majewski
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/abs.html