 People / 4750
4749  |  4751
Subject:
Her first Technic model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:00:55 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

During the past two years my second daughter has been asking me (begging actually...) repeatedly when I would finally give her permission to let her build one of my sets. You see, the children have never played with my lego; they have their one collection.
This Christmas I decided to let her build one of my Technic sets: supercar 8880! She’s now eight and a half years old, so I thought that she would give up after an hour or so. I was wrong: it took her five days to complete the vehicle. I had to stick around the whole time, to help her out when necessary (e.g. alignment of the wheels needs special attention). And yes she made some mistakes along the way (e.g. she used a 1x1 technic brick instead of a basic brick, so she was one technic brick short at the end), but nothing that couldn’t be fixed.

She was very proud to show her vehicle:

Play well,
Maarten