 People / 4634
Re: Jake Abducted by Aliens?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:28:53 GMT

In lugnet.people, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.people, John Cooper wrote:
Jake Abducted by Aliens? Probably not, but he hasn't posted to his own blog in
two months now.

<http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/blog/index.cfm>

I do recall a fairly recent LUGNET message vouching for Kjeld's character, so
apparently he's out there somewhere. I suppose it's natural he would want to put
some distance between his old job responsibilities and his hobby interests. But
enough of this career advancement stuff, let us hear from you Jake!

http://www.communityguy.com/index.cfm?commentID=595

I'm here, huckleberry. Just crazy busy. As Ross points out (from the link
above), I start a new job today, one which has the worst boss ever ... me. I'm
looking forward to it though, it's going to be great fun. No distance has been
meant, it's just played out that way.

You've actually not heard much from me because I've spent the last few months
getting started, then ending a new job, then starting another new job. On top of
that, I've been trying to close down a number of side projects in order to clear
the plate a bit. I tend to say "sure, I'll be happy to do that for you" a tad
too much :)

And as some of you may have heard, my wife is expecting a baby in November, so
lots of shopping, house rearranging, home repairs, baby room painting, etc. Rest
assured, the kid will be firmly immersed in the world of LEGO goodness!

Anyway, thanks for the concern about aliens and all. I've been watching the
community closely, even if I've not had much time to post. I'm trying to work a
plan to come to BrickFest this year, but I'm not sure if my boss is going to let
me come out. Maybe if I bribe him...

Jake
---
Webmaster