 People / 4544
4543  |  4545
Subject:
RIP Kirby Puckett (1960-2006)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 23:18:23 GMT

An amazing human being left us on Monday. Kirby Puckett was the definitive sports hero and role model. EVERY child who ever plays baseball, or any other sport for that matter, should be taught about Kirby Puckett. He was everything good about sports, competition, and just about being human.

I was lucky enough to meet this amazing man and he was as ebullient off the field as he was on. The world needed Puck more than 45 short years. I honestly can’t say enough good things about him.

Going through my Kirby memorabilia, I came across this card which is a pic of my son Ross in front of a poster of Kirby from 1996 (which ended up being the last season of Kirby’s career, cut short by glaucoma at age 36).

I printed the T-shirt:-)

As soon as I find the perfect pic, I’m going to make a KILLER mosiac of him (hoping that Corey Sanders will help me:-)

In mourning,

JOHN