 People / 4467
4466  |  4468
Subject:
R.I.P. Piggy from Voivod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:52:19 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Sad weekend. One of my favorite guitarists of all time from my most beloved band EVER, Denis “Piggy” D’amour of VOIVOD passed away Friday.

courtesy Voivod.com

Voivod has been described as “Futuristic Sci-Fi Metal” amoung many other things.

The reason I am writing this here is that I have spent countless hours listening to Voivod when I create my Mecha.

Psychic journies, parralel universes, Voivod had it all, and when I built, there was sure to be a Voivod CD in my player.

I once met Piggy when I went to see them play with Sepultura. I spoke to Piggy about making a Voivod album Lego mosaic.

I even won tickets to see the Negatron tour in NYC from the Pirate Radio station 89.5FM as the “Legomaster” over the air. That was so cool!

You will be missed Piggy, I thank you for the years of trebble cords and sounds that came from I don’t know where. That was for you to play for us, and I listened.

Jason Nuested of Metallica started playing bass for Voivod and took the band under his record label “Chop house Records” to record the latest album, “Voivod” ---->check “Rebel Robot”

When I get settled in to my new Art Studio, I would like to make something to commemorate the music that is Voivod.

Through bricks and plates I will build something to honor his memory, much like the day I met him and spoke about it.

I remember now like it was yesterday.....”...LEGO? I love Lego!....“here, here is my card....”

Check the Discography

My thoughts go out to his band mates, friends and family.

Eric Sophie
Biomechanical Bricks

Recommendations: While building buy “The outer limits” and listen to “Jack Luminous” Your life will change, or maybe your MOCs might.