 People / 3765
Re: Funny how things happen...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:57:46 GMT

In lugnet.people, Chris Maddison wrote:
I need to do a bit of storytelling.  I started from high school with the
ambition to work in the film/videogame industry doing digital effects.  Somehow
I wound up in drafting classes in college.  Got a degree in that, went on to the
workforce, did that for 10 months, and as many of you know, lost my job last
month.

It's ungodly difficult to find employment for a skilled profession today.
Especially in the midwest.  So I sort of had an epiphany last week.  I woke up,
and wondered to myself, what am I doing with my life?  I started at A wanting it
to take me to B, and somehow I wound up at 5.  I don't like 5.  I have no
personal vendettas against 5, I just realized that I'd much rather be at B.

So, I'm now swinging myself into the broke college student role.  Yep, I'm going
back to school (Iowa State) this fall to do what I wanted to do the whole time.
I'll be a 21 year old freshman.  Guess we know who'll be buying the booze. :-)
Strange, but if certain crappy things hadn't happened to me, I'd probably just
have kept my nose down and plugged away at 5 until it turned into 50, never
thinking of B again.

I've been wandering for awhile, and now I've got direction.  For the first time
in a long time.  And to top it all off, the building bug just bit me today.
It's back.

And so am I.

-Chris

Chris, welcome back to the fold..er..brick...

Scott Lyttle